Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Paul CommunityLog in

NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE!

replyReply to topic

descriptionNEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! EmptyNEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE!

more_horiz
Hail up SPC Boarders!
I've got some news for y'all. I've just installed a new feature and I bet that it'll be really used here, specially in the PICTURES area of the forum.
As you can see, when you enter the FULL POSTING MODE (not the quick one) you have about 26 icons above the area where you write. By clicking on any of these icons: NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! Untitl11 you'll be able to do different kinda things. By clicking on the first one, you'll be able to upload images to Servimg from withing the forum.
First you click on it and wait for the little window to load, then browse for your picture, after that click on "host it" and wait till it's done, finally click on one of the "copy" buttons, depending on what you want to do: If it's a big image I suggest you to copy the first code because it'l allow you to, automatically, generate a thumbnail (a smaller picture) with a link to the full sized picture.
If the image is not too big, then I suggest you you use the second link system, and copy it.
After you've selected one of those two methods, click back on your post and paste the code (CTRL + V, or EDIT>PASTE). To make the Servimg window dissapear, click on the same icon you had clicked on at the beginning.
VOILA!

I think this is a great thing, and I hope you'll like it!

Blessings!

F D B.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

F D B

» Sean Paul Lovers Forum Administrator | Since 2007 And Beyond
INSTAGRAM: fede.deblasio

descriptionNEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! EmptyRe: NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE!

more_horiz
I've just added another feature, it's a little image on the left side, somewhere below the avatar, which shows "How much do you obey the rules?"
There are 4 possibilities:
NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! 111010 this one means you respect the rules.

NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! 221010 this one means sometimes you don't follow them to the letter, you may break them every once in a while, but you respect and follow them most of the time.

NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! 331010 this one means you break them pretty often, and you have to be more carefull, don't be so annoying, other members will start to bash and trash you.

NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! 441010 this one means you are going to get banned eventually. If you have this image it either means that: a)You've already got a warning. b)You've already got 2 warnings. c)The member's been banned, which means that he/she won't be able to see it, because he/she is banned, but others will. That's why I didn't say "you've been banned", because you won't be able to see, you'll just sense it. LOL.

I think that it's pretty obvious that as you respect/follow or break the rules the images will be changing. For example, if you are known to be breaking the rules all the time, and you've got a couple of warnings but after a couple of months you change your behaviour, the image will start changing as well, and viceversa.
And also, the more you respect the rules, the more respect you'll get from other members because it means you're a nice, kind and respectful person. Remember: Respect's not given, it's earned.

Bless!

F D B - Trying to improve stuff all the time, for the good of all of us.

F D B

descriptionNEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! EmptyRe: NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE!

more_horiz
hey fdb is there any way that i can choose a user and not be able to see their posts cause they get so damn annoying? that would be very helpful Smile

more_horiz
cool stuff bro keep it up gonna make the best site ever Smile

more_horiz
I like new features u set up. Very Happy
spliffy wrote:
hey fdb is there any way that i can choose a user and not be able to see their posts cause they get so damn annoying? that would be very helpful Smile

lol check one of my postings in this section, I suggested the same thing to him but he nah wanted to apply it here...

more_horiz
BigBossEminozzz wrote:
spliffy wrote:

lol check one of my postings in this section, I suggested the same thing to him but he nah wanted to apply it here...

Hmmm wait a minute, I don't remember myself ever saying "I don't want to apply it", if I remember correctly what I said was that it wasn't possible, but I think it is possible now, I'm getting more info about it. As a matter of fact today, when I was installing all these new stuff I was thinking of trying to getting that as well.

But please if I did say that I didn't want to apply it here, show me that post... I really don't remember.

F D B

more_horiz
OK! I GOT IT WORKING!
Now you can IGNORE the users you want! All you have to do is go and click on the user's you want to ignore profile, then you'll see a text that says: Friends Or Foes, I don't know what it says in English because I use it in Spanish.
Then you'll have to options, add that member to your Friends list, or add that member to your Foes' list.
Once you've added him/her to your ignored (foes) list, you won't see her/his messages. All you'll see is a little box saying this:

This post was made by USER who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

And so you'll have the chance to see the post anyway whenever you like.

Of course you'll be able to keep adding or removing people from your Friends/Foes list if you prefer so or if you change your mind.

So now what? Is there anything else you want me to do? lol!

I insist, BigB if you can show me when did I ever say I didn't want to apply this option.

F D B

more_horiz
F D B wrote:
OK! I GOT IT WORKING!
Now you can IGNORE the users you want! All you have to do is go and click on the user's you want to ignore profile, then you'll see a text that says: Friends Or Foes, I don't know what it says in English because I use it in Spanish.
Then you'll have to options, add that member to your Friends list, or add that member to your Foes' list.
Once you've added him/her to your ignored (foes) list, you won't see her/his messages. All you'll see is a little box saying this:

This post was made by USER who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Of course you'll be able to keep adding or removing people from your Friends/Foes list if you prefer so or if you change your mind.

I insist, BigB if you can show me when did I ever say I didn't want to apply this option.

My persistent homeboy ! afro  First of all thanks for the feature. Now we can block dem haters. Secondly, I don't have time to search through my old postings, but when I asked u if u can apply it, so that I can ignore angie, u were like "me nah sure if that's what our community want but let's see what others say", eventually u added smth to ur previous statement, maybe it was about impossibility of this thing. Anyway I thought, hmm either he nah wants to create a precedent within our community where everyone would be hating on each other or he just doesn't know how to do it. NEW FEATURES! IMAGES UPLOADING, RULES SYSTEM AND...SURPRISE! Gigi On the bright side, it turned out u were of the same opinion about ignore-stuff and now we can fully enjoy our stays here.
Anyway, since u r in an updating mood, are u able to set up a "reputation" feature? So that pips can give stars and stuff?

more_horiz
I've been searching for the reputation thing as well, it will be called Karma but it can't be done yet. When I say things can't be done it's not that I don't want, it's because these type of boards don't allow it, but in time they will, I'm constantly working on things y'all ask as you can see.

I've no idea when it'll be avaiable, I hope it will be within the next months.

BTW, I believe in democracy so if you don't want to read what a member has to say it's ok, it's up to you. But me nah deh pon disrispek, so I much rather y'all blocking each other instead of fighting and insulting yourselves. As I said, I like freedom of speech and democracy but everything has a limit. So if ignoring people messages will decrease the amount of fighting/arguing/insulting then I'm up for that.
Let it be known I won't block anybody on the boards, I won't add anybody to my Foes list. I'm an admin and I MUST read everything here to have control over stuff.

Bless.

F D B

more_horiz
lol!

the features are great but the good and bad list ? It feels like we children in class waiting to get a star Like a Star @ heaven or go sit in the corner Razz

hahaha....

thanks for new features Smile

more_horiz
BigBossEminozzz wrote:

so that I can ignore angie

who's angie?

more_horiz
QueenM wrote:
lol!

the features are great but the good and bad list ? It feels like we children in class waiting to get a star Like a Star @ heaven or go sit in the corner Razz

Laughing .... Razz breaking skool dress code is fun Razz

more_horiz
F D B wrote:
OK! I GOT IT WORKING!

woooo!
thanks!

more_horiz
i like all of these feature. thanks and congratz Smile

more_horiz
hm i dont like the rule system so much... i think it's not necessary
i'm mo afraid to say sumtin now, i might say sumtin that gets the meter down... affraid
LIKE NOW silent

sorry!! i jus dont like it so much...
the rest is VEEEEEERY COOL FDB really Smile
oh and i've always thought that a bigger head liner would be cool (bigger picture of seanie Smile)

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic