Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Paul CommunityLog in

descriptionSean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay EmptySean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay

more_horiz
Some people claim SP copied 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMhvkC3A84

Last edited by Zaki-Sp on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionSean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay EmptyRe: Sean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay

more_horiz
LOL! So, you're saying Sean Paul copied from a guy called "Waleid SP" who copies him all the time?... hmmmm I don't think so.

descriptionSean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay EmptyRe: Sean Paul Copied a melody from Coldplay

more_horiz
This is just plain hilarious, lol I can't do anything bu laugh at this guy, I'm sorry.

F D B

» Sean Paul Lovers Forum Administrator | Since 2007 And Beyond
INSTAGRAM: fede.deblasio

more_horiz
Wrong link, I corrected

Last edited by Zaki-Sp on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
I don't think SP copied from Waleid.
And yeah I guess it's normal, but still... I think it's funny how he sings and pronounciates.

more_horiz
I made a mistake here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMhvkC3A84

Last edited by Zaki-Sp on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
i thought the same zaki, but still some times some melodies are just very close..and sometimes inconsciently...i dunno! it's all about moment influences i guess..
i think maybe FDB can explain it from experience!

more_horiz
You said it yourself Il_Capo sometimes you hear some artist's song once or twice, and you just forget about it, specially if it's not an artist you are a fan of, or you usually follow. Then when you start composing a song or working on a melody and you 'unconsciously' copy it, but you don't even know it. It never happened to me, really, at least that I know of. But sometimes what happened to me was that I realized I knew that melody I was creating from somewhere else, until I figured out where. So I go back and delete it and start working on a new one from scratch.

Hard to explain, I hope you got the point though.

more_horiz
conclusion : no one can create something 100% unique

Last edited by Zaki-Sp on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
That's pretty true. Plus, Everything has been invented in music already, it's almost impossible to come up with something that isn't similar to something else on some level (lyrics, flow, melody, beat, whatever). Plus all of us lost our capacity to be surprised or shocked. Maybe that's why we like less artists every time, or less songs even from our favourite artist.

F D B

» Sean Paul Lovers Forum Administrator | Since 2007 And Beyond
INSTAGRAM: fede.deblasio

more_horiz
FDB if u dont mind , can u explain more

more_horiz
Zaki-Sp wrote:
FDB if u dont mind , can u explain more

You have rules & laws in music ...

Rule Number 1: DON'T BE OFF KEY

In blues they play in a pentatonic scales (a scale with 5 notes) often in C minor or G. You have patterns and rhythm that define a genre. You can break the laws to be original but there are things you can't do. A major triad, a perfect fifth or a 9th chord will always sound good but some keys cannot match together when you are playing in a certain key. In reggae music, you have a certain pattern for the drums then according to the sub-genre you have some variations, you have the chords played on every second and forth beat syncopated with the bassline and a certain way to strum the guitar. In other words, you can make as many new songs as you want but you cannot reinvent music theory.

It happened to me more than one time that I made a new beat, and people told me that it sounds like another song that I had never heard of or I didn't even remember it. Sometimes, melodies come to my mind I think they are new but I actually heard them before I just didn't remember.

more_horiz
There is someone on Twiter (Dyland & Lenny) who has said sean paul copied she doesnt mind from their song " Pegate Mas ". I downloaded and listened to their tune, and what they say is absolute bullshit!!!! there's no any similarity between two tracks!

more_horiz
DuttyHamid wrote:
There is someone on Twiter (Dyland & Lenny) who has said sean paul copied she doesnt mind from their song " Pegate Mas ". I downloaded and listened to their tune, and what they say is absolute bullshit!!!! there's no any similarity between two tracks!

I bashed them yesterday on Twitter for that.
There only part that sound similar is the "oooh oooh" of the intro. And we don't know for sure if their song came out before SP's. But that's the only part of the song that sound alike, those "ooooh, ooooh, oooooh" but Dyland & Lenny say "ooooh, oooooh, yeeeaaah" lol.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic