Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Please Register/Login to see the whole of the boards and get the lastest news, tunes, videos, pictures of The King Of Dancehall.

Sean Paul Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Paul CommunityLog in

Boards Aspect & Looking

replyReply to topic

descriptionBoards Aspect & Looking - Page 2 EmptyRe: Boards Aspect & Looking

more_horiz
yeah now di forum now rulez again^^

BleZz

more_horiz
F D B wrote:
No problem guys.

*Maria* wrote:
cool i like it Smile can't wait for banner and head photo!!
but it looks like another board i know a lot
but no worries, it's easier this way Very Happy

Which board, Maria? The SeanPaulWeb Boards? they haven't been online for several weeks now, and if I remember correctly they were really different, weren't they?
Except maybe, you're talking about some other boards I don't know...

yeah i think she's talking bout another board u don't know...or at least u act like u don't..lol

more_horiz
Lol, why would I act like I don't know those other boards? I really didn't know there were other boards besides this one and the SPweb ones...
I hope your comment was sincere and not sarcastic...

F D B

» Sean Paul Lovers Forum Administrator | Since 2007 And Beyond
INSTAGRAM: fede.deblasio

more_horiz
sum more smiles would b nice

more_horiz
Alright, I will collect some smileys I have back at home, and maybe download some packages from the net and upload the worthy ones.

F D B

more_horiz
F D B wrote:
Lol, why would I act like I don't know those other boards? I really didn't know there were other boards besides this one and the SPweb ones...
I hope your comment was sincere and not sarcastic...

it was sincere

more_horiz
The updates are wicked. All new stuff here are just the same techniques I wanted to apply in SPB, but then realized that it wasn't worth it... Anyway, is it possible to set up the following options:
1. Offtopic tag, so that the text will be depicted in grey colors and hardly seen.
2. Ignore tag. So that posts of some users here won't be seen if the corresponding user is in ignore list.
3. Some fresh smileys. Like Mr. Greeno, rotflmao and etc.

more_horiz
Alright then, everything's fine Smile

F D B

more_horiz
^^We posted at the same time, so I guess u could not notice my post.

more_horiz
Oh yeah, you're right I didn't see it.

Well, about the smileys, yeah I have some smileys on my PC and Haeder Bazooka sent me a lot of smileys too, so I will upload the better ones.

As for the other two options you mentioned there... hmmm maybe I didn't understand them fully, but I don't see those ones really word. If a user gets annoying, and after warning that user 1 or 2 times that he/she is breaking the rules, he/she keeps on breaking them, that user will get banned. Why would I put a user on an ignore list?
Thanks.

F D B

more_horiz
Well, u didn't get what I actually meant. That's private ignore list. For instance there is a user named A. I put him in my ignore list and every time I see his post in the topic, it will be shown to me as a blank. I use it on my boards and got to tell u it's being widely used there by everyone. It's not about breaking rules, but about ur personal perception of that user. And u didn't cover the second matter. So called SPC doesn't hesitate in going off-topic, so I, personally think, that this tag should be installed as well. Otherwise one can't normally read a topic without stambling over off-topic rubbish. Anyway, I know that it can be integrated in phpBB boards, coz I use the same system.
But, again, it's all about what others think of that idea...

more_horiz
Alright, but the thing here is that I don't share what you said, I don't feel like it's a "perception of that user". Firstly because it's not like if someone comes and say to me, respectfully, "F D B, I don't like you" (or something like that) that person gets banned, no... it doesn't work that way. UNLESS that person is being aggressive (to me or anyone else) or getting off topic too often, or doing annoying stuff ALL THE TIME... it will be hard that the user will get banned.
Breaking the rules implies that the user will get a warning (or two, depending on the times that user has broken the rules before and the severity of what the user did), and if he/she keeps on doing that, THEN comes the banning treatment. Maybe it will not be a permanent thing... maybe it will be for a week, or two and then the banning will be lifted, to give the user a second chance. But if he/she does it again, then the accoun will be deleted or something like that, maybe an IP banning. I don't know, I'm still thinking about everything I just said... I want things to be clear enough for everyone.

And about the Off-Topic function thing, I will try to explore it, I don't even know if we have it here... but still I don't seem to understand it completely.

F D B

more_horiz
F D B wrote:
Alright, but the thing here is that I don't share what you said, I don't feel like it's a "perception of that user". Firstly because it's not like if someone comes and say to me, respectfully, "F D B, I don't like you" (or something like that) that person gets banned, no... it doesn't work that way. UNLESS that person is being aggressive (to me or anyone else) or getting off topic too often, or doing annoying stuff ALL THE TIME... it will be hard that the user will get banned.
Breaking the rules implies that the user will get a warning (or two, depending on the times that user has broken the rules before and the severity of what the user did), and if he/she keeps on doing that, THEN comes the banning treatment. Maybe it will not be a permanent thing... maybe it will be for a week, or two and then the banning will be lifted, to give the user a second chance. But if he/she does it again, then the accoun will be deleted or something like that, maybe an IP banning. I don't know, I'm still thinking about everything I just said... I want things to be clear enough for everyone.

Thanks for the detailed answer, but it was going a bit into another direction. Anyway, I won't go into that matter now. Coz it may confuse some users here, who has never heard of that solution before, but needless to hide or deny, that everyone[or at least majority of Community] has some1 whom they dislike here or don't feel comfortable to share the same board space with and as a fact they just overlook the messages from that users [that's what I do at least] everytime they check the threads. My part is to drop a suggestion and ur part is too see and decide whether it's suitable for the boards basing on a current situation or not.

And about the Off-Topic function thing, I will try to explore it, I don't even know if we have it here... but still I don't seem to understand it completely.

Here is the link of the site that I run and it's a good example of how the off-topic tag works and looks like. It's in Russian, but u can at least see what is what there:
http://forums.gamemag.ru/post1468987.html#1468987
The very first posting there.

more_horiz
Hmm.. I see.... so it's like a quoting thing... you devide the message itself from the OT part, right?

F D B

more_horiz
BTW, I've just uploaded the boards logo.
If anybody wants it, I can make a full sized one for you to use as avatars and stuff like that.

F D B

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic